You guys, I’m the worst. The literal worst. I told you all that I would post my bread recipe…That I have gotten quite a few questions about now ……on Saturday but as the weekend went on I got so busy busy and my sweet hubby planned a family date for us and we went to a concert and had a fun dinner out with the kiddos, so my little bread recipe took a back seat. But y’all, the wait is over!
As you know if you’ve been following for a while that we “eat clean” for the most part. I don’t eat a whole lot of bread or pasta and high carby grain things, when I do buy bread products I tend to buy sprouted grains, major multi-grains but I also still feel really weird about buying processed bread, of which the ingredients have touched unknown surfaces ( I’m super weird about how food I’m going to eat is prepared..)
But I could never convince the hubs that cutting back on bread is a good idea, apparently I won’t be able to convince Sloane either lol! And tbh with Fall coming on and being pregnant I’m starting to crave soup and crusty bread. So, it makes since that I should find a solution for all of my food neurocies and my weird pregnancy cravings and just learn to make my own bread. I came across a great recipe online and I’ve been able to refine my method for this bread and tweek it just a little to make bread bowls.
You guys should totally try this bread yourself, it’s way easy to make and tastes delicious!
- 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Yeast
- 1.5 Cups Warm Water
- - Combine flour, salt, yeast & water in a stand mixer with a bread hook attachment in place of a wisk.
- - When well combined, cover bowl with a towel and let the dough sit for 24 hours.
- - After 24 hours turn dough onto a floured surface & form a ball, kneading slightly.
- - Let ball of dough rest for 30 minutes.
- - While dough is resting preheat oven and a greased cast iron skillet to 450 degrees.
- - Slash an X on the top of the dough ball with a sharp knife.
- - Transfer dough ball to preheated cast iron skillet and cover.
- - Bake for 30 minutes.
- - Uncover bread and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- - Remove from oven, allow to cool before slicing.
- - Enjoy!
- Bread Bowls
- - If you are making bread bowls, follow directions through turning dough out of bowl and kneading lightly.
- - Separate dough into 4 equal balls and allow them to rest for 30 minutes.
- - Preheat the oven as well as a greased cookie sheet to 450 degrees.
- - Slash an X on the top of each dough ball.
- - Transfer each dough ball to the preheated cookie sheet.
- - Bake covered for 30 minutes.
- - Uncover and bake 5-10 minutes longer.
- - Remove from oven and let cool.
- - Cut a circle in the top of each "mini loaf"
- - Using a spoon scoop out the circle and bread in the center of the mini loaf to create a bread bowl.