We are still enduring the heat and humidity (not well I might add) of summer over here! I’ve been whipping up summer inspired meals and cool desserts in an attempt to make the most of this season and I have a real hit for you coconut lime lovers out there! Coconut Lime Popsicles with a hint of mint- if you want 😉 The mint is optional. The best part about these guys is that they are refined sugar free!
I used honey to sweeten them. You could use agave or whatever natural sweetener or hey, be bold and throw some sugar in there if you want! Since we don’t consume refined sugars on a regular basis if my kids get their hands on a chocolate milk or an ice cream cone it’s like defcon level 3 around here so I like to have desserty options that wont send them (or me) over the edge.
Also, I’d like to point out that as a pregnant person I have cravings for margaritas and mojitos and other fruity drinks that it would be frowned upon to consume at this point but these popsicles definitely hit the spot. They were super easy to make and I think we’ll be trying lots of other flavor combos soon!
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 can canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 3 tbs honey
- 1 tsp minced mint (optional)
- green food coloring.
- In a blender mix lime juice, coconut water, honey, 4 drops of green food coloring ( you can add more for a deeper color) and mint until well incorporated.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds until they are 3/4 full.
- Pour canned coconut milk into each mold until they are filled, this will create a slight marbling effect.
- Freeze per popsicle mold instructions and enjoy!