Hey y’all! I shared an Insta-pic of my easy, vegetarian version of Bi Bim Bap a week (or two) ago and I has a few requests for the recipe which I promised to share and still haven’t! I am finally sitting down for like the first time in about…..3 weeks and I’m going to share this super easy recipe!
When I say easy I mean E-A-S-Y! Seriously, when it comes to lunch time I don’t play. I need to eat a pre-prepared meal-prepped meal or I need something I can whip up in a about 5 minutes – because I eat right after I put Sloane down for a nap and I need the majority of nap time to get work done.
I cut a lot of corners with this meal by using minute rice in the single serve microwavable cups, pre sliced veggies: mushrooms, onions, carrots and kale. I also use a bottled Korean barbecue sauce that I purchased at Walmart, kimchi also purchased at Walmart and tamari. The sauce isn’t sugar free like my normal foods of choice but it’s pretty delicious! I’m also looking for additional kimchi brands to try. I love kimchi, a little bit obsessively! The spicier the better, but the kimchi I linked up isn’t spicy in my opinion, so if you are not into spice or you need a good kimchi that is kid friendly it’s a great option!
My recipe is below, give it a try!
- Minute rice - single serve pack
- 1/2 Cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/8 Cup sliced onions
- 1/4 Cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 Cup cut up kale
- 1 Tbs bulgogi sauce
- 2 Tsp tamari
- 2 Tbs cocnut oil
- 1/4 cup of kimchi
- 1/4 cup of sliced english cucumber, plus a pinch of spiralized cucumber for garnish
- 1 egg
- Heat one serving of minute rice per instructions.
- Melt coconut oil over medium heat in a skillet.
- Add mushrooms and onion and sauté until mushrooms have given off some of their moisture and onions become translucent.
- Add 1 tsp of tamari and 1 tbs of bulgogi sauce to the mushrooms and onions.
- Saute for a minute or two longer.
- While the mushrooms cook a little longer add cooked rice to the center of a serving plate.
- Next remove mushrooms and onions from the skillet and add to the serving plate.
- Add kale and carrots to the skillet and saute over medium until carrots become slightly softened and kale is wilted.
- Add tamari to the carrots and kale and saute for one more minute, then add carrots and kale to serving plate.
- Next add the remaining tbs of coconut oil to the skillet and quickly fry 1 egg in the skillet.
- When the egg is cooked through, add it to the serving plate with the other ingredients
- Next add the kimchi and sliced cucumber to the serving plate and garnish with the spiralized cucumber.